Tap Extensions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting some new Kitchen taps to existing 1/2" copper pipes and need an extra inch on them to reach the pipes.
I've bought some chrome plated extension pieces from tapsandshowers2go.com but they have no recess in them for the olive, so i'm wondering whether these are meant for compression fittings?

My local Plumb Center only had small extendors and i have had little luck finding any on the web except these ones.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Unless what you've bought are FI x compression fittings?

In any case, chrome ones are slippery and harder to seal - why didn't you get brass ones?

Thanks for the replies.

What are FI x compression fittings, i haven't heard of them before?

I bought these brass extension as i couldn't find any others that are available in different lengths.

My local Plumb Center suggested screwing two ordinary brass extenders together, i wanted to keep the amount of connections i needed to make down to a minimum but maybe that would be worth a try after all?

However that leads me to another question - when simply screwing them together and onto the tap, will PTFE tap on its own make the seal watertight, surely water will still get through the threads?

Sponsored Links
Tap extensions have a washer which seals them to the tap, an normal tap connector then screws to the fitting.

Why not just buy flexible tap connectors, no need for extensions then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back