Tap fitting help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to fit a new mono block tap to existing valve.

Problem I have is the flexi tales fitting does not fit the valve and the nut that came with doesn't help.

I know I need to either buy new flexi tales with correct fitting or a new thing to join the existing valve and tale - does such a thing exist and what is it called. Below are some photos.

Many thanks!!

Sponsored Links
You either need a different flexi or a short stub of copper.

Copper into your existing isolator (with backnut and new olive) then into the end of the flexi with the backnut and olive that came with it.

Cheers, will go for the copper solution as very little space under basin to get old tails out and new in or to take taps off again.

Stupid question but with the copper solution I assume the olive will make it water tight so no need to solder?

Thanks!

Both the connections to the copper will be compression so the olive provides the seal.

Make sure when you work on the fittings to hold both sides - you don't want to disturb the 'live' side of the isolator especially.

Pair of grips on the body of the isolator and an adjustable to tighten the backnut.

Hand tighten the backnut and then half a turn with the adjustables

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back