Tap Head Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Trying to remove the tap head on the tap shown in the pics. I managed to get the screw out of the top of the head below the "C" cap (screw head completely worn away).

I assumed with the screw out and with just a bit of elbow grease it would then pull off to reveal the valve. The tap seems to be attached to some other part that I can't see/access. I can't get the collar to move up either - it just turns round and round.

Any advice appreciated - only wanted to change a washer... spent far too long trying to figure this out so time to get some advice !

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
The tap cross head does come off the way you say....but it'll be stuck with limescale and other grot.
Try WD40, boiling water, gentle leverage with bits of timber etc. Many posts have covered this one!
John :)

I knew it would be stiff but pretty surprised if its this stiff - had a wrench on it leveraging off the bath and really gave it some. I've seen other posts about it getting stuck but guess couldn't believe it could be wedged in this much. If the feeling is that it is and all taps are constructed the same then I'll give the WD40 and a bit more muscle a go....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Tried WD40 and more effort. Ended up shearing the tap head clean off though it was pretty corroded -so ended up replacing the tap head. All sorted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back