Tap Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all.

i have recently just had a bathroom installed.

i have purchase taps suitable for high and low pressure.

i have noticed when i put the cold tap on full (bath and sink), water splashes everywhere and is quite good

on the hot however water comes out well, but not like the cold tap (was more powerful on the old taps i had)

however i cannoy use the old taps as the new sink has only 1 tap hole. and the scrap man has stole them off the old stuff on the driveway!!!

taps in question are cook and lewis - meribel mono sink and mixer (no shower) for the bath.

also, if this means anything the mixer in the downstairs sink is similar. gushing out on cold however slower on hot.

any ideas????? is it just low pressure hot water

Sponsored Links
erm i dont know for sure but i have the following

baxi 552 boiler (back one with fire on front)
hot water tank.
apparenlty water tnak in loft i didnt know i had.

dunno if adding a additional rad 50 x 50 cm in loo and enlarging 60 x 60 with a 60 x 100 towel rail has made any difference?

edit: also how high should the pop up wast lever be, shoudl it be in the slot on the tap, or above that?

"Water comes out well". Not sure if you have a problem with the taps or high expectations.

Cook and Lewis Meribel, no longer on the B&Q website, but available on Ebay. Hmmm.

Sponsored Links
"Water comes out well"

by this i mean it is still usable. however came out alot more powerful with the old tap installed.

dunno why they arnt on there site anymore, however the superstore in mansfield is still selling them and getting them in all the time....

same as my bathroom suite was a package on there but wasnt showing online....

not expecting some sort of miricle tap, however my query was why it isnt as powerful as when it was a single tap, when its designed for both high and low pressure systems.

with the force the cold water comes out, i would have thought it was high pressure, but as im no expert i posted on here

If the old taps were ok it may be something due to the installation process. Check all valves are fully open, Gate valve on cold feed to the bottom of the cylinder, any new isolation valves that may have been fitted,also check the level in the CWSC that feeds your hot water cylinder.

hi there what is a CWSC

all i know aobut the installation is we turned off the water at the water meter, little plastic tap.

drain out the water, cut the pipe with a circular tool, put on a olive and adaptor from the copper pipe to the supplied flexy pipe and then to the tap, flexy arnt bent or anything like that so out of ideas.

also is it normal to use white plastic pipes in plumbinb? as the additional work i had done is plastic piping which then connect to copper to attach to radiators?

flex pipe & thats the answer the internal bore of these is alot less than copper therefore they won't let as much water through on low pressure (ie your hot supply)

hi cbf

so all in all, its to be expects as there flexy pipes.

if this was to irritate me enough, could it be replaced with normal copper pipes? or is that tap dependant

Flexies? You didn't mention flexies in the 0P.

You left us to make the assumption that you'd replaced the old taps with the new ones on the original connectors. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back