Tap keeps flowing back!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got this installed along with new bathroom last year.

The tap is a nightmare, if the flow is slow it runs back on itself, soaking the vanity unit.

Is it just this type if tap or can i adjust the angle to stop it flowing back?
20230216_053159.jpg

Sponsored Links
Probably just the type of tap. Just make sure the vanity unit isn’t running back too.

Get a different tap with longer spout. As above check unit isnt running back to.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, I thought a new tap would be needed.

I agree poor design when paired with this sink vanity unit.

You could try adding a drip bead to force water to drip into the basin and not run along the underside of the spout. A line of silicon sealant or similar could be used to create a temporary bead to protect the vanity unit until a new suitable tap can be obtained,

drip bead on tap.jpg

Please photograph the tap from underneath, to show the hole the water comes out of.

There should be a screw-in insert.

1677047835380.png

Please photograph the tap from underneath, to show the hole the water comes out of.

There should be a screw-in insert.
It's a waterfall tap, there isn't a hole or aerator underneath??? .... it's meant to flow out over the edge of the spout.

OP, check underneath the lip and spout is shiny clean, if there's gunge or grime there it can sometimes catch and pull the water backwards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back