Slow running hot tap in kitchen - others fine

G

gcltd

Hi, sorry this may have been asked a lot on here but our bungalow has all new heating/plumbing last year but the kitchen hot tap has developed a slow flow, cold fine, bathroom fine, it's slow so doesn't fire up the boiler, I've had a look and replaced the washer but I wonder if the tap has to be set a certain way before it's reseated? Also should I swap the taps over to see if the slow flow follows the tap or stays on the hot? Any tips appreciated.

Sponsored Links
IF thereis a quarter turn isolating valve just befor the tap then isolate the incoming mains and take of the valve and check there is no no blockage on the inlet side side of the valve.

This is a common problem with quarter turns as the opening is onley about 4 or 5 mm.

Has the tap got a filter on the end of the spout. If so this can be undone with a spanner and often gets blocked with scale. Definitely something to check although it sounds like you might have some sort of blockage in the supply pipe.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Yes they have flexi connectors to the taps.

I'll check for a mesh - Thanks

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back