Tap Valve Sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Looking for a bit of help and advice please in relation to tap valve sizes.

Mixer bath tap valves have been playing up so decided to replace them.
I purchased this from screwfix:-

https://www.screwfix.com/p/swirl-contract-bath-tap-reviver-kit/19163

However when I removed the tap valves I was faced with the following problem.
The hole is to large for a 1/2 tap valve.
The hole is too small for the 3/4 adapter, that comes with the kit, which allows you to fit 1/2 valves.
Previous occupier has fitted some sort of reducer to one of the holes which allows a 1/2 tap valve to be used, however this has created a greater distance between the rubber washer and valve seat which means when you close the tap the internals of the tap unscrew themselves and you can't then open the tap.

There is no manufacturer marks on the tap.

Would I be better off just replacing the whole tap and do modern taps come with a standard 1/2 or 3/4 valves to save any future issues.

Thanks for any help and advice offered.

Sponsored Links
Tap revivers are good but some will just not work with certain bath mixers, something about the size and distance to the washer. I have had to give up a few times with bath mixers even though the ½" matching taps work OK . Best to bin the mixer and fit a new one.(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back