Tap water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just purchased a Hansgrohe monoblock tap for the kitchen.

As the hot water is gravity fed I specifically ordered one for low pressure.

On receiving the order I have immediately opened the instructions to find that both the hot and cold water must be of equal pressure. I therefore need to reduce the mains pressure.

I have looked on the usual DIY sites (Wickes, Screwfix etc) but cannot find anything to do the job. The only solutions I have managed to find are expensive industrial ones.

Is there an inexpensive, inline item that will fit under the kitchen sink and do the job?

Sponsored Links
....send it back 'not as ordered'. You could take a balanced feed from the cold water storage tank in loft to the tap BUT this may contravene water regs (i wouldn't want to drink from it). All the prv's i know are not cheap

I have now searched for prv (pressure reducing valve) I have found some on screwfix for £20 - £40. The problem is that they only reduce down to 1 bar. Measuring the distance between the tap and the tank I need to find something that will reduce down to to 0.35 bar.

its not ideal but why don't you fit it to the gravity hot mains cold.
many houses are still like this and work ok.
just fit a check valve to the supply

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice guys but I've found another solution on www.bes.co.uk.

A water pressure equalizing valve. Has in and out for hot and cold water, and adjusts the higher pressure to that of the lower and at £32 is acceptable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back