tap with pull out spray

BoxBasher said:
corgiman said:
what kind of protection extemps these tap, which as I remember falls under the same regs as a Bidet with a shower attachment which is a defo no no ?

It is the Fluid Category that determines the installation:

Kitchen sink would be classified as Fluid Category 3 - DCV

Bidet is Fluid Category 5 which would require a far more complex arrangement. Ascening spray bidets are perfectly legal - it is just the installation that usually renders them undesirable.

For Softus...

Consider me educated :)

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
This ones free ;) If you have a copy of the Water Regs Guide I'll even point you to the page(s) for Bidet's. makes good bedtime reading.

I regularly consider myself to be educated - I am here to increase my knowledge.

corgiman said:
Me too.

BoxBasher said:
If you have a copy of the Water Regs Guide I'll even point you to the page(s) for Bidet's. makes good bedtime reading.
It's pp 6.28 through 6.32. ;)

I regularly consider myself to be educated - I am here to increase my knowledge.
Me too.

BoxBasher said:
corgiman said:
This ones free ;) If you have a copy of the Water Regs Guide I'll even point you to the page(s) for Bidet's. makes good bedtime reading.

nice quote

I have been suffering for insomnia so I will get me book tonight lmao

nice one matey :)

Sponsored Links
BoxBasher said:
I am here to increase my knowledge.

I was going to post something witty, but I'll just leave it at that.

I enjoy having an answer for almost everything...

BoxBasher said:
The taps with integral check valves are for use on existing installations (ie those that existed prior to current regs 1999) to provide backflow protection making the installation compliant.

New installations require service/isolation valve + double check valve within thermal envelope of a building.

I dont think there is any regulation that PREVENTS a bib tap with an integral check valve being used as long as the installation has the double check valve and isolating valve inside the building.

Tony

Agile said:
BoxBasher said:
The taps with integral check valves are for use on existing installations (ie those that existed prior to current regs 1999) to provide backflow protection making the installation compliant.

New installations require service/isolation valve + double check valve within thermal envelope of a building.

I dont think there is any regulation that PREVENTS a bib tap with an integral check valve being used as long as the installation has the double check valve and isolating valve inside the building.

Tony

Exactly right Tony, nothing wrong with overkill... It's only common sense, not regs, that would prevent an integral CV tap being fitted (less to go wrong in a normal one).

To SJRSJR, if still there..!
Note that these only work on high pressure, and are pretty hopeless on gravity supplies. Franke do some specifying 0.4bar (approx 4 metres) but they're pretty slow at that pressure.

They should have integral check valves, which are really tiny. If you winkle them out and put bigger ones in the pipes, the resistance is a lot less.

Jeez - I woke up to find all this teccy stuff! With all that knowledge no wonder you plumbers charge so much ;)

I'm not even going to ask about my outsde tap...

PS Thanks ChrisR.

The water comes off the mains and the plumber said something about fitting a £30 quid device that keeps the pressure constant. (I thought he mentioned 3bar but I may be mistaken)

Presumably it will work with my tap but I'l check

SJRSJR said:
Jeez - I woke up to find all this teccy stuff! With all that knowledge no wonder you plumbers charge so much ;)

I'm not even going to ask about my outsde tap...

Outside taps are easy...

You can do them yourself with a kit that contains everything you need. Although you will get a better flowrate from a properly installed one.

I think the last kit I saw in a shed was using a bib tap with an integral check valve and not likely to meet the water regs.

One advantage of a DIY installation is that it does not need to meet the water regs like the ones us professionals do.

Tony

Agile said:
I think the last kit I saw in a shed was using a bib tap with an integral check valve and not likely to meet the water regs.

One advantage of a DIY installation is that it does not need to meet the water regs like the ones us professionals do.

Tony

The DCV mechanism is usually hidden withing the self-cutting tap mechanism, therefore remaining withing the warm space of the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back