Tapered boards........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oops I think I've messed up. I'm putting up a partition wall which I had planned to get plastered and I'd got some knauf sound boards (blue colour) which I was going to lay 2 layers either side of wall. Thing is the boards are tapered, can I still get them skimmed? Would I need to fill the tapered areas with skrim tape and jointing compound and then get the plasterer to skim?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Oops I think I've messed up. I'm putting up a partition wall which I had planned to get plastered and I'd got some knauf sound boards (blue colour) which I was going to lay 2 layers either side of wall. Thing is the boards are tapered, can I still get them skimmed? Would I need to fill the tapered areas with skrim tape and jointing compound and then get the plasterer to skim?

Many thanks.

Tapered edge boards okay to skim. I prefer them.

Thanks Micilin, much appreciated. Do the boards need sealing with PVA or anything else to do before the plasterer starts?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Micilin, much appreciated. Do the boards need sealing with PVA or anything else to do before the plasterer starts?

AS a rule, you don't PVA boards.

That said, some blue sound block boards pull in really quickly, (I don't know why this is - anyone?) and can catch you out if not careful.

In a case like that , you could PVA them to kill a bit of suction. Usually, you are fine, just throw on a bit less if they are quick. They don't need PVA for a key.

Many thanks to you all, I'm reassured the plasterer isn't going to be spitting feathers as I'd imagined!

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back