Tarus T4500 Chainsaw Wont Start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a brand new Tarus T4500 Chainsaw but can't get the thing started, It's setup as per the instructions, Fuel/oil mixed with the bottle etc. I have checked and we have a spark it also spits fuel when you pull it without the plug in so I assume the fuel is getting thru - Any other things to check

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the plug wet? has it 'flooded'?

Yes the plug gets wet, I've had it for a while and have tried starting it several times over the last month but no joy no matter how long I leave it.

A few suggestions:

Check that the stop switch is in the 'run' position. I know it's obvious.

Make sure the fuel is primed, if there is a pump to do this (often a small bulb). Sounds like you've taken care of this.

Small two-stroke motors need very little use of the choke. I usually find that after once the motor has shown signs of catching, the choke needs opening up almost all the way if the motor's going to start.

If all else fails, take off the air filter and squirt in some Easy Start or similar. I find it saves hours of frustration.

Sponsored Links
To start, you need: 1. compression, 2. a spark (strong enough to work in the compressed vapour), 3. a more-or-less correct fuel/air mixture. If the plug is getting wet, there may be too much fuel. I suggest you heat up the plug to dry it out, and turn over the engine a few times (to get air in) before replacing the plug. Then don't prime the engine. Good luck !

Bought same February got it going yesterday.Put controls back to factory settings if you have messed about eg Hi/ Lo. Check plug gap. New plug was too wide should be .65mm. You probably get a short stutter and smoke but no start. Main point PUSH CHOKE BUTTON IN and pull vigourously on starter rope until it starts. I tried everything but this was the answer.Ithink something is lost in the translation of instructions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back