tcc800m honeywell fob with galaxy flex.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above fob intalled on my Flex 100 alarm. When I activate the PA buttons all I get is the internal speaker ringing OP3. I want the bells as well. Is there a way I can put a wire between OP3 and the bell box to get them both to ring at the same time? Thanks for your responses in advance.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a thought could i put a wire from OP3 to the bell trigger?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I just looped a wire from OP1 to OP3 and configured OP3 as PA and voila everything is working as it should. I would like to thank all the people who contributed to this post! :cool:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for not responding - V busy. The correct way to resolve this is with a programmed link and not a physical one. The physical link is fine as long as you've removed the speaker and set the output as switched DC. If the speaker is still fitted with a DC output, it's likely that it will be damaged.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thanks for answering. I have set a spare physical zone on the panel to PA. But I cant find a "Silent PA" address in the program link menu system to link it to the panel zone. So my question is where do i find the "Silent PA" output address in order to link it to the panel zone? I have looked in Outputs and it only allows you to configure it as PA.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to anyone following this thread in the future, I could not get the AC speaker to work as panic alarm with external siren via the links menu. So I bought and replaced AC speaker with DC internal siren switched the output 3 to DC and configured it as Panic Alarm and put a physical link between bells and output 3. Now when I activate the PA on fob it sounds internally and externally and when zones are triggered internal and external sirens sound as well.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMHO, the best solution on the Flex is to either:

- Switch OP 3 to switched DC, set as output PA (this output will fire on silent or audible PA), then place a wire link from OP3 to an input zone set as PA with resistance set to NC. You cannot have a speaker connected if selecting switched DC.

- Add a RIO, leave OP3 as speaker. Set a RIO output as PA, place a wire link to an input zone set as PA with resistance set to NC.

Implementing this way, the panel will trigger a full blown audible PA with external siren and strobe which requires code entry to silence.

For those with a VMOD, you can simply program HA/NodeRed to loopback from the PA output to a virtual zone without any physical link.

Sponsored Links