Tececom veritas 8 (zone set-up)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I have just wired in above alarm alls working well except mircowave sensor in conservatory, it all light up but fails to be noticed on walk test or when set in alarm mode. as anyone got any testing ideas

the other issue is zone set-up

How do I use program the part setting to turn off sensors in cetain areas where the dogs roam, so alarm isn't triggered by them

the options on my alarm zone setting are as follows: Push to Set, Inhibibited Entry, Guard, Fire, Tamper, E/Exit, Panic, Keyswitch (this is for full set)

Part set options are as follows: E/Exit, Inhibited Entry, Guard

Sponsored Links
Firstly I'd check wether the problem is with the control panel or the sensor, isolate the mains, enter engineer code, press program, remove the cover from the panel.
Enter 06 for non latching zone check.
Try removing one of the wires for the zone that is playing up and see if the panel responds.

I think this is what you mean, how to enable/disable zones as part of the part set suites see page 26 of the manual here:
http://www.spyalarms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Veritas_R8_manuals-1-.pdf
Page 22 shows you how to change the part set zone type.

options 51 and 52 part 1 and 2
press 51 in engineer mode it will show what zones are on/0ff in part 1

and same for 52 part 2

I'm unsure if I'm doing it right I'm typing in eng/code and entering code 51 default setting are shown on zones 5,6,7 when entering another zone it's not working can you give me a step by step guide please

Sponsored Links
Zones 5,6,7 are the ommitted zones in part set by factory default.

Can you list what each zone is currently such as
1: entry exit
2: inhibit entry
3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Guard
And what you would like them to do when part set?

I'm pretty sure that when in 51 you just press the zone number and it toggles on/off, followed by pressing program. The only other thing I can think of is do you have the lid on & tampers closed - dunno if this makes any odds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back