Technical Pressure Question

Sponsored Links
Did you know you could improve circulation by raising the pressure in the system :eek:

Sponsored Links
Safety, production cost, practicality, user incompetence, disperate origins of parts....the list is endless.
I note that you curiously omitted "installer incompetence" :LOL: :LOL: - or is that within the "endless list" ;)

The original question was...."So why do so many recommend that a closed system be pressurised up to 1 to 1.5 bar cold?" :)

To my knowledge 1 bar is one atmosphere, which is the weight of the air at sea level. If the sealed pipes are 1 bar then the pressure inside is the same as at sea level?

If the pressure gauge is downstairs and set to 1 bar with the house having three floors which is maybe approximately 30 foot in height (which is 1 bar in pressure) to the highest system point will the pressure at the top be less than at the bottom in a sealed system? By 1 bar? Gravity comes into play even in a sealed piped system. Gravity is always there. If it is 1 bar at ground level then it stands that it must be 0 bar 30 foot above it. Is that so?

In a normal 2 floor house, and most 3 floor house I would assume, 1 bar will get you up to the highest level with no problems. I suspect this is why they stipulate the system being set to 1 bar cold.

I am open to correction as I am going by what I learnt in school and applying to this question. :)

Yes but we are talking about pressureabove atmospheric.
But it's all relative ;) 1 bar above local atmospheric would presumably be 2 bar if local atmospheric was 0 bar and you then decided to move the whole thing 30' down to the beach.

Maybe that's what it's all about - aeroplanes and spacecraft. So installing a pressurised heating system on a plane would involve significant pressure changes depending where in relation to sea level it currently is.

So you see, it is rocket science after all :LOL: :LOL:

[quote="cantaloup63";p="2257862Maybe that's what it's all about - aeroplanes and spacecraft. :[/quote] Don`t forget the conveyor :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back