Teeing in to plastic pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to cut a tee in to this pipe, I usually use polypipe when using plastic, though this appears to be floplast. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Pictures attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210228_172227_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20210228_172227_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot_20210228_172253_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20210228_172253_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 140
As before, different fittings are ok but use Floplast inserts.

Sponsored Links
Not so sure the above grey pipe is poly either. It doesn't have the k marks on for cutting and insertion depths.

Maybe putting compression on to the floplast now then converting to poly. So just a connection to the floplast with a nut and olive and a liner.

I bought some floplast liners and a length of pipe. The liners seem abit slack in the pipe. They have changed floplast 15mm pipe recently. At least the markings have changed on it. So not sure how the liners will feel when I cut in to the pipe. If I was concerned about the liners being abit slack. Would a compression tee be an option to cut in to get me to copper/polypipe. Thanks.

Thanks the reason I thought was if the liners were a tad slack. The copper olive will still bite up just grab the pipe to the liner more? Do you agree with my idea?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back