Tek wall coming away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
had a new kitchen fitted 6 months ago but now have problem with one of the Tec Boards coming away from the wall on one corner. I know it was put up by the installer using an adhesive. I would prefer if possible to screw this corner to wall in case adhesive fails again. Problem is I need to put in a rawlplug and I can't take board of as to many appliances attached to it, is there a way around this, could I possibly drill through boarding into wall and then attach screw to rawlplug and force through hole and into wall would this work? I would appreciate any feedback from you guys.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
moore005004, good evening.

Have you tried to go back to the fitting company and discussed a repair under the terms of the Warranty / Guarantee ? There should be something in place for a 6 Month old fitting?

Ken

If you want to bash on, then yes, you can - just have the correct drills ready.
Drill the panel say 6mm (if you are using a 6mm plug) and then go straight into the wall. (Masonry drill for the wall, standard drill for the panel).
Then, drill the panel only slightly bigger so the plug passes through, but not so big that the intended screw head doesn't.
Push the plug into the wall (some adhesive does no harm), then fix with your screw.
This principle is similar for 'hammer fixings' but a bit neater.
John :)

Sponsored Links
As "Burnerman" above, as far as fitting and fixing a screw goes.

My concern would be that a screw head "could" appear incongruous on a back board such as you have?

There are screws with dome heads, so called mirror screws, they have a screw in shiny dome which conceals the screw head and makes its appearance less "industrial" and on a flat unblemished back board.

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back