Fixing a fence to a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fence panel which, at the moment, is just lying against the front of my house, the other end is fixed to a post
. I need to fix it to the wall but cannot figure out the best way to do it. If I could remove the panel then there would be no problem but I cannot. I have heard that I can drill straight through the wood into the wall then use rawlplug type fixings. This doesn't make sense to me as the plug would have to go through the wood and then into the wall. How can a screw be used?

I hope this makes sense

Brian

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, just what I need. The screws have to go through 7.5cm of wood before going into the wall. What size/length screws would you suggest?

If it is a wall where appearance doesn't matter on the other side, you can get a stronger, tighter fitting (gateposts tend to loosen with slamming and wind movement) by drilling right through the wall and using galvanised studding, with a nut and large washer each side. I have the gatepost fixed to my garage wall like that.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, didn't realise those existed. Unfortunately I have already ordered the plug type. Might get some as I have other things to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back