Telecom Supervisor Fault (Ricochet sensors)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Premier Elite 64 with a 32XP-W which is handling various wireless sensors.

The alarm keypad is showing Supervisor Fault on all the PIRs and shocks but the door sensor contact is okay and registers the state correctly.

I loaded Wintex and everything looks ok settings wise, and Ricochet Monitor shows all green for all sensors...

I've tried resettling the alerts on the keypad by entering the code, entering again and reset etc, but they don't clear.

What are the next steps to diagnose?

Thank you

J

Attachments

• IMG-20231008-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20231008-WA0002.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
not exactly following this.

You have a 64w and a 32xpw or just a 64w?
The 64w is address 1 for the wireless giving zones 9-40 if you have a 32 xp-w as well what is the address of that?

Supervision fault suggests the devices haven’t polled in but the devices haven’t gone blue.

So I would look at the event log to see what’s recorded in the first instance.

I would then check in ricochet diagnostics that each device is populating it’s slot with data, signal strength etc etc.

How old is the system can see the expander is a version 3.x which is good but version 3 expanders have been out a while now.

Apologies, I've inherited this system so I presumed it wasn't a wireless panel as Ricochet monitor shows a 32XP-W in the middle of the diagram with its sensors all around. Maybe in fact it is just the on-board wireless from the 64 (Are all 64's wireless built-in)? Yes, the zones are from 9-40 and I have 9-20 in use. Does this mean it's using the built-in wireless?

Under Ricochet when I click on all devices it shows 3 green bars and battery level ok and reading the manual everything looks as it should.

The logs don't show anything really helpful, just the usual stuff like when I enter user code, engineer code, and the same as the keypad shows... Zone 009 Supervision Fault Living Room PIR etc. I do see a few Network 1 - Exp 1 Lost a few times over the last 6 months.

Panel is on v5 firmware.

64w is a wireless system and a such has its own built in wireless expander, can’t comment without seeing the unit if another has been added.

Zone 9! Living room PIR supervision fault means that device hasn’t reported in.

Losing EXP 1. Ie expander 1 would refer to zones 9-16 and they would all be lost, expander 2 would be zones 17-24 and so on.

what’s wired into network terminals?

Sponsored Links
Just the keypad it looks like. Or at least thats what the label on the cable says that goes to T R and + -

Attachments

• PXL_20230918_201644633.jpg
    PXL_20230918_201644633.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 31

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back