Telephone/broadband/sky+ cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help
I have a sky+ cable going to a room upstairs and another one to a room down stairs. I also have a broad band cable going to a room upstairs in addition to the normal telephone connections and a wireless router.
All these emanate from the single telephone socket.
The result is an absolute mess of wires and various connectors.
Could anybody please tell me how to sort this out so that it looks reasonable.
I have taken a photograph of the mess but have not been able to load it on computer !

Sponsored Links
Well, if your broadband comes thru a normal phone line, just make telephone extensions, and use a ADSL splitter on each socket, or use ADSL sockets - these have 2 sockets on one plate, and have a built in splitter. Hide the router in a cupboard with a phone socket.

The sky connections - you can get sky sockets with a Male plug on them.
This one has a TV socket too
AATVSATF.JPG

I have a similar problem, I have sky + in the living room, sky upstairs, both need to be connected to a telephone line constantly, the main telephone line is downstairs in dining room, but I have a slave from that upstairs in my bedroom, now it get's interesting!!!
I want broadband in but I understand I have to have every telephone line thru an adsl filter, my whole house is going to be spaghetti! will wireless broadband solve this problem? please help!!!

no not really. Every phone point must have a broadband filter on it. This includes sky boxes.

Sponsored Links
Crafty 1289 & offroader

Many thanks for your advice. I think I know what you mean.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back