Telephone cable mystery colours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could really do with some help please the telephone cable that comes into my house was put into the front door frame back in the day when i have had new door fitted they have disconnected the cable. I didnt think much about it as it wasnt urgent as the its a full renovation job however when i have come to reconnect it its not the same as modern cables. I was expecting to see 6 cables instead on have 7, solid green, solid black, solid orange, and 4 white cables with not colour banding so have no idea how to reconnect does anyone have a clue please?

Sponsored Links
Black and green are a pair and orange and white ….there can be 3 extra yellow wires which are the support wires ….I would try black and green …

wow thanks for the speedy response .. i found the old connector box it had orange and a white connected only so bellwire and earth??? (so presume thats the same so) telephones arent an area i have really learnt about which colours do i link green and black to ? (blue white to green and white/blue to black or am i totally wrong)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back