Telescopic Loft Ladder Youngman 2.6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Prior to having a go at installation, I can't figure out how you can remove the two bolts which hold the swivel arms, without the nut below falling into the ladder. Has anyone else fitted one of these? Youngman instructions are notoriously obscure and even their videos don't show any prior assembly.....

Sponsored Links
Do you mean this bit?

upload_2015-10-17_13-29-20.png

Many thanks but what happened twice to me is that, on unpacking and removing the bolts to take off the swivel arms prior to installation, the nut (or whatever the bolt screws into) below fell inside the ladder and was irretrievable. Therefore there was nothing to screw back into for the bolts.....

Mmm. Don't know, then. It's just suppose the be a threaded hole.

Can you fit it without removing the arms?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for replying. Yes it is supposed to be a threaded hole, but it isn't! Have you fitted one of these ladders? No one even at Youngmans knows how to do this. Sounds to me as if something should be staying in place and not dropping down but of course it is all internal and we can't find a cross diagram. Was prepared to think I had a faulty ladder to start with as the box had been tampered with, but it was exchanged for a properly packed one and the same thing happened as I removed the arm. I took it back for a refund but this is a good ladder and if I could find out where it is going wrong, I would buy yet a third one. On one website, a user said beware the fixing falling into the ladder, but no more than that......

Spotted this in a review on Amazon:

NB**** VERY IMPORTANT watch out for the securing nuts inside the top of the side tubes of the ladder. If you dislodge them and they fall into the top tube they're a real bugger to get back up: you have to collapse the ladder and turn it upside down and fiddle the nut back into place, one of the reasons this took 2 hours to fit!

Not sure if this is the comment you mentioned, but it does sound like you need to be extremely careful not to dislodge the nut when removing the bolt, although it also sounds possible to relocate it, albeit being a right royal pain in the arsenal.

Back