Teletop Aerial... how to do the base thing...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably a long shot asking here, but I thought some of you may know more about the properties of UHF, how aerials work etc....

I have one of those Teletop aerials, it was actually quite amazing when I first got it, brilliant picture, however, the problem with them is, if one tugs on the cable going into the base, the wire inside becomes unwrapped from its original position... Now inside, there is something that looks basically like a weight, a piece of metal, and there are numerous stud like pieces of plastic sticking up, where the cable can be wrapped around. The question is, how does it wrap around the piece of metal, in what shape, to get the best reception? I will post pictures tommorow, as it is quite difficult to describe.

Sponsored Links
Any chance of a picture :)
No seriously, any chance of a picture of the arial showing the guts?

aerialbase.jpg

This picture shows the metal cylinder in place, and the clips near it. The cable is meant to go around the clips in some way I assume, and is it meant to wrap around the cylinder?

I will take another of the aerial itself's guts if you want, but those are intact, and I have no wish to ruin them unnecesarily :D

Sponsored Links
Zen
Looking at your picture. On the left is where the cable comes in. There are two posts sticking up just inside this, and another towards the centre. (the one near the centre also has a blade type of projection next to it.

The cable simply comes in at the entry point, circumnavigates the three posts, as a single loop, and exits again.

The lump of metal in the centre is just to give the base a bit of weight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back