Fitting Aerial Socket

Sponsored Links
sorry i mean the backing of the surface mount ie..the part that goes in behind the plasterboard

yea thats the one flush mount....how do u retain the back bit in the wall does it have to be installed near a wall studd?

Sponsored Links
No ideally they should be installed a little way from the studs because they have little "tags" (yellow bits on the side of the one in the link I posted) that protrude out the sides of the box once it is in the wall, which tighten up against the wall when you fit the face place.

Mark a square the same size as the back of the box I linked to, use a pad saw to cut out the square (run the pad saw on or just over the line to give you a little bit of play, otherwise the box will be very tight), feed the cable/coax through the back of the box, then push the box into the hole in the wall, push/snap the little side tags into the holes in the sides of the box, connect up the cable to the face plate, fit the face plate onto the back box with the screws provided, as you tighten the screws the tags will tighten onto the plasterboard, clamping it in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back