Fitting aerial socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a wire coming in through the wall from the aerial on the roof with a plug on the end that I stick straight into the back of the tv.

I now need to move the tv further away from where the lead comes in and it is not long enough.

Could i put an aerial socket on the wall where the wire comes in and then just run a normal 3metre aerial lead from the tv into the wall?

Is this simple to do?!

Thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
this is pretty easy to do, you shoyuld be able to pick up a socket form any decent tv store. You can then wire the existing cable to it and screw to the wall. Even simpler mught be just to buy an ariel extention kit to extend your current cable without creating an ariel socket.

would I not need to make some sort of hole in the wall to fit the socket into?

Sponsored Links
Cheers Eddie - the only thing is I need another for the phone, and another for sky and I'd quite like them all looking nice and flush!

Is it just a matter of a hammer and chisle?

Simon

Yes, drill holes in the wall first, then bolster and chisel to knock out the relevant depth recesses, then if neatly done, relevant cables can be connected, and the faceplates put on without the need for redecoration.

Good Luck

simonpearce said:
Cheers Eddie - the only thing is I need another for the phone, and another for sky and I'd quite like them all looking nice and flush!

p2407499_x.jpg

Ah, I thought I'd seen those, but couldn't remember if my mind was playing tricks on me :D

cheers ban-all-sheds

I've bought separate plates in the end - I needed a double f plate for the sky plus.

I've bought my chisel and a DIY book - watch this space!!!!

simonpearce said:
I've bought my chisel and a DIY book - watch this space!!!!
One of those jigs for drilling the holes in the right places and to a consistent depth will come in very handy...

Eddie M said:
You could have used a splitter instead.

for sky+ you need two seperate lnb feeds - not a split single feed, hence the dual plate requirement

Not having the slightest desire to have Sky TV, I've no idea about the cabling, but surely unless you have 2 dishes, then at some point you must have a single feed being split into two?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back