Removing a tv aerial socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Just moved into a new house where there are TV sockets (mains electricity and aerials) on all the walls for wall-mounted TV's. Not our style so planning to cover the sockets with flat plates. I've seen posts on here about how to do this for plug sockets (using connector strips and flat plates, yes?) but what about a TV aerial - is it the same principle?

Cheers for any thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Are you trying to extend the cable to somewhere else? If so, I'd personally terminate into an F connector and put a coupler in there, connected to the extending cable also fitted with an F connector.

Tim

Tim,

Thanks - no we have all the aerials we need so I just want to remove or cover it altogether.

Thanks

Then you can just leave the end in the backbox and cover with a blanking plate. The reason you need junction strip for removing sockets is to continue the ring, with an aerial run there's nothing to continue.

Sponsored Links
Waste of time fitting blanking plates - just looks naff. At least socket fronts look like they are supposed to be there.

If possible, you should think about removing the sockets completely. In the case of the 230 v mains wiring you would have to remove the wiring completely from the wall, to prevent it getting damaged by anyone who doesn't know it's there.

On the aerial cable I would make sure that none of the braiding is touching the centre core and make the end waterproof.

Just in case it is connected to another cable somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back