television headphone connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
toshiba tv 43U6863DB

I have a Geemarc tv headset which has to be connected to the tv, usually by a scart socket, but the new smart tvs do not have one. This tv does not seem to have an audio output socket any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
that's interesting

could I use that to connect a DVD player into a modern TV?

...or even my old video recorder - I have lots of old videos with the kids on. My first and second video cameras took full size VHS tapes!

Edit: Looks like you can. :)

Sponsored Links
Depends on the TV brand, but this particular one is standard scart and hdmi

Are you sure it's HDMI? It looks different to me. Have you tried this yourself on a standard HDMI socket?

AV_adapter_vs_HDMI.jpg

Edit to add: When flatscreen TVs had full SCART sockets, SCART as an audio output from a TV was often limited to just the sound from the TV's internal tuner. IOW, it wasn't useful for any sources connected to the TV, just the tuner.

There was no guarantee with SCART adapter cables that they even had TV tuner audio out.

Last edited:
toshiba tv 43U6863DB

I have a Geemarc tv headset which has to be connected to the tv, usually by a scart socket, but the new smart tvs do not have one. This tv does not seem to have an audio output socket any suggestions.

The specs for your TV suggest that it has a headphone jack socket. In that case use a jack-to-jack cable.

jack_to_jack.jpg

...or even my old video recorder - I have lots of old videos with the kids on. My first and second video cameras took full size VHS tapes!

Edit: Looks like you can. :)

You don't really need any fancy converters. They won't improve the quality anyway. If your TV has an AV IN set of sockets then a simple SCART to 3xRCA cable will do just fine. It will give exactly the same picture quality as any other connection method.

VCR_to_AV_IN.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back