Telewest phone line - running an extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have a telewest phone point and want to extend it, under the floor boards, to another room.

Can someone advise the best way to do this without it looking rubbish.

I know you can get those splitter jacks but I'd then want the cable to go down under the floor boards.

Also - is it ituitive as to where the extension lead cables should go?

Ta

D

PS This is an urgent one as the carpets go down on Thursday!

Sponsored Links
The telewest phone socket is more or less the same as BT ones. On the front there is a smaller faceplate which can be removed, on this plate are 6 ID connectors (push fit) numbers 1 & 6 are not used.

Using 4 core tele cable connect to numbers 2 to 4, sorry cannot remember colour codes, but as long as you connect the same colour to the same number on the secondary socket it will work.

Salem

If they are push fit how do I connect the new spur wires?

cheers

D

With an appropriate IDC punchdown tool of course....

GPTOOL.jpg

GPT107.jpg

Sponsored Links
You need blue+white tracer to 2

white+blue tracer to 5

orange+white tracer to 3.

At both ends. Parallel wiring.

If you have a linebox, bring the cable into the back box then connect to the removeable front plate as above. Use a small nylon tie to attach the cable sheath to the anchoring point, and when replacing the front plate, take care not to trap the conductors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back