Telford Tornado Indirect Stainless Steel Tank Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just noticed streams of water coming down my tank from the top. On closer inspection it looks like the tank has bulged out and you can feel hot spots in various places on the tank.

Could it be pressure building up in the tank?

Sponsored Links
If you lift the lid from the top of the cylinder you will find the expansion vessel which as probably split (common fault) you need to turn cold supply to cylinder off, open all hot water taps until water stops running.
the expansion vessel will unscrew from the top of the cylinder, when you buy a new expansion vessel check to see if the next size up will fit because they usually split because there to small for the installation :)

If you lift the lid from the top of the cylinder you will find the expansion vessel which as probably split (common fault) you need to turn cold supply to cylinder off, open all hot water taps until water stops running.
the expansion vessel will unscrew from the top of the cylinder, when you buy a new expansion vessel check to see if the next size up will fit because they usually split because there to small for the installation :)

Thanks for that I will take a look, why would the tank insulation start bulging I will have to take a picture of it and upload it, its a bit hard to explain.

I had to replace one of these cylinders recently because the ev had been leaking so long it was all corroded on top
When I tried to undo the ev the top of the cylinder came with it :eek:

Sponsored Links
I popped the lid off and had a look and the tank was filled to the brim.

Managed to siphon some off if not most off the water out:

When I mentioned the tank was bulging, it must have been the insulation expanding with the water:

You can just see the bulges in the side of the tank.

This is the model I got, what size of expansion vessel would fit it:

I have found this website with different size vessels:

http://www.advancedwater.co.uk/sparesheader-575-088-TORNADO.html

Does anyone have a picture of a installed Telford Tornado tank I just want to look at the pipe layout?

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back