Temp Capping Off Water Pipe With Pics

Sponsored Links
a standard 15mm isolation ball o fix is only about 10mm bore inside
that will restrict gravity flow quite abit.

fit full bore 15mm isolation valves and the bore stays the same all the way through so no restriction.

look down the end of one in bq.
screwfix do full bore ones.

also check your new mixer is for low pressure not high. ;)

Hi seco services, thanks very much for telling me all this. I would never have known otherwise and would have run into problems. I just don't get it though, I would have thought that small holes would be for low pressure (I acknowledge that they are not though). But think of low pressure water dribbling out of a hose pipe. To increase the pressure, you put your finger over the opening, thus making the opening smaller. Why isn't it the same for taps? By the look of my mixer, it actually looks like a high pressure model because the holes look quite small, but maybe they get smaller on high pressure taps; I have no idea.

Here are 2 pictures of the mixer tap for you to see:

And another thing, I wondered if it would be possible to connect those flexi pipes (you mentioned earlier) there as shown in the picture?

Sorry my reply is late.

i know what you mean but it's to late for a lecture.

but as you say with the hose your not increasing the pressure as the water supplier controls that your just restricting the hole it comes out
so the water will spray further using the pressure you have.
the more flow the greater diameter pipe you need.
the great the pressure the higher the water supply you need.

the flexi hoses i showed you can fit your tap but in place of the copper tails. they look like M12 threads.

or if you want to use them tails with isolation valves you'd need flexis with
compression one end and 1/2" thread the other.

why not keep them tails and join straight on to you two supply pipes with two isolation valves.

theirs a few ways of doing it. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back