temp racing up on worcester

Doesn't get any simpler this heating lark does it?
One more odd thing started to happen.
Usually, once you get a bit of heat in a rad, the air expands so it's keener to bleed out than without the heat.
Now, on the three most distant upstairs rads, they all have some water and heat down at the bottom but when I try to bleed again, nothing. Not a breath. Not even if I took the bleed screw right out, wiped it down, popped it back.
Ta.

Sponsored Links
If its filling ok ( Assuming this from your last post) then close valves and take off one of these none filling radiators and see if anything flows from the valves when you turn the valves back on.

It may be that the rad is sludged up or more likely that you have an air lock somewhere.

With all this struggling you may be better caling in a heating engineer, try an independant.

Have you seen the weather forecast :cry:

Try taking the bleed screw out and sticking a pin in the hole, they sometimes rust over.

Sponsored Links
ta
no answer i know, but looks like standard copper rad piping.
had an engineer - wasn't listening - he kept poking at the boiler, that he wasn't really familiar with, but boiler works - on hw it's fine, ch is the prob. I thought the prob was sludge but now when i drain it comes out pretty clear. price of a powerflush looks similar to all new rads.
what about those gunges that go straight into the rads - they cost nearly as much as a rad, would that help?
fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back