Templates & Tools for door installation?

NHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have ordered 8 LPD Carini doors which I plan to fit myself. Obviously i have bought the standard sizes and will cut them down to size, will take this to my local merchant who said he can cut down to size for me when they arrive.

I'm just planning to keep the existing hinge locations so will just translate these onto the new doors.

It's mainly in regards to when I come to fit the latches which are all bathroom/lock style latches so will require more drilling than just a normal latch since they are like 4x the size of a normal latch.

are there any kits that I can buy to make the job easier? Similarly to like buying a Tiling kit which comes with the spacers, levelling system or a Flooring kit which comes with a pull bar, tapping block etc.

Is there a similar kit but for installing doors? Thanks in advance for any advice

Sponsored Links
2p peice for the spacing.

Square for the setting out of the latches and levers.

There is a thread on here or the tools section about a Souber jig to cut the lock recess if that floats your boat.

Square for the setting out of the latches and levers.
What don't you have mortise gauges in your part of the world? Combi square and knife are needed for this rather than a try square

There is a thread on here or the tools section about a Souber jig to cut the lock recess if that floats your boat.
As said before, probably only worthwhile if you are doing multiples/volumes, or high value doors, or need to edge bore accurately for stuff like Astra/Perko concealed closers.

TBH a small trim router with a 12mm.or 1/2in straight bit is very handy for hogging out recesses freehand in order to get a flat bottom. You then finish to the knifed lines with a good sharp chisel

Sponsored Links
TBH a small trim router with a 12mm.or 1/2in straight bit is very handy for hogging out recesses freehand in order to get a flat bottom. You then finish to the knifed lines with a good sharp chisel
Yeah, that's what I do. Just have to be careful, hold it tight and resist temptation to move it "just that bit closer" to the line!

Are you saying that my rafter speed square is not for door hanging? :unsure:

BTW, the Ryobi cordless router is currently on offer - £36 off! Bargain

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back