Temples of Nothingness

Lord Landers speaks again...do you live in the real world? Shops sell stuff to tourists? Go back to London with its streets paved in gold.
It's not just the plastic tourist tat that I'm referring to. I'm discussing most of what is sold in shops, and the huge temples dedicated to the cause. Are you honestly telling me that the Trafford Centre's wares is essential for you to exist?

For whatever reason Mr Moody, you have decided to paint a picture of me based on unfortunate misreadings of my posts. If you want to argue, then do so with yourself and leave me out of it. Thanks

Sponsored Links
These shops are in the states as well, up and down international drive in Florida there are loads selling Disney and Universal paraphernalia cheap as chips tat.The same in Naam bay in Sharm el sheik Egypt and any where in the world where there are tourist.

I bought a glow-in-the-dark Elvis lookalike plastic singing fish which has pride of place on my three-tiered kiss-me-quick hat-stand, and very nice it looks, too!

It's called the Incredible Slightness of Buying.

I bought a glow-in-the-dark Elvis lookalike plastic singing fish which has pride of place on my three-tiered kiss-me-quick hat-stand, and very nice it looks, too!
It's called the Incredible Slightness of Buying.
Gosh, you went upmarket there then

Sponsored Links
Lord Landers speaks again...do you live in the real world? Shops sell stuff to tourists?

So when you're visiting somewhere do you buy a crate full of useless sh1te to cart home just cos you're a tourist?

Rubbish. Theres one supermarket, two arcades, half a dozen shops tnat sell crap for next to nothing and one decent cafe. You couldn't spend £100 at Mablethorpe if you lived there all summer.
I think he's referring to a prostitute called Mabel Thorpe :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

Humour's only funny if one spots it ;) :LOL: :LOL:

It's not only beauty then ;)

Problem: In what is loosely termed 'the developed world' (which now includes China among others) productivity has been increasing by leaps and bounds. We are growing more food, making more cars and generating more megawatts per man-hour than ever before. :) :) :) Why is this a problem? because we haven't adjusted our working hours to suit. Compared to the massive rise in industrial output, the working week has hardly shrunk at all. :( :( :(

So what do we do with all the working hours that we don't really need? We dream up things to make that people are greedy enough - or stupid enough - to buy. And so the shops are full of tat and perfectly good phones are consigned to the junk pile. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (My mobile cost a fiver and it'll see me out. :D :D :D )

Do I have a solution? Unfortunately, I can only suggest a collective response. We all start thinking twice about whether we really need a second car - or even a first car - and the latest mobile phone. We should think about working less hours (part time or job share perhaps) and getting by on a reduced income. Remember that the hours you gain can be spent making your own beer or mending the garden fence yourself instead of paying somebody else to do it. You save on travel costs and canteen food too. :) :) :)

Lord Landers speaks again...do you live in the real world? Shops sell stuff to tourists?

So when you're visiting somewhere do you buy a crate full of useless sh1te to cart home just cos you're a tourist?
Nope. I've never really understood the need to buy something made in an unrelated country that has been transported half way round the world.

A couple of years ago, at the airpost on the way home from a holiday in Tunisia we found some unused dinars. Since it is a closed currency and we aren't meant to take any home, we had to buy something to get rid of it. My daughter took a liking to a "camel" cuddly toy. So we bought it. On the plane I noticed the label "Made in Manchester", which was where we were living at the time.

Now Dex, Im not being funny here... London to Blackpool is not done in a day. Its a 500 mile round trip. If your an HGV driver I could believe you.

You burst's of post's happen to appear in a break in school.

Can you drop the alter ego please?

David.

Sponsored Links
Back