Temporary fix for weeping heating oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a very slow leak from a joint in the pipe that come out of my heating oil tank
Money's tight so I'm looking for a temporary solution to fix it until my next boiler service.
Is the a product I can apply that will solve this?

See attached photo.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0850.jpg
    IMG_0850.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 64
Sponsored Links
Silly question, but it has to be asked, Have you tried to tighten the coupler?
I don't want to attempt it in case of disaster. I'd rather just be able to put some kind of sealant round it if that's possible.

I'm not aware of any sealants that you could apply, but some of our oil experts on here will advise. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
There isn't anything you could use to seal this externally. It needs the oil to be isolated, joint to be disassembled & dried, then reassembled using Heldite

Looks like the pipe could do with some support to prevent it happening again as well

If your tank valve is working, it’s simple enough to isolate and split this joint.....it also looks like you have enough spare pipe to renew the coupling if necessary.
I often find these 10mm couplings have been overtightened and have necked the pipe, but you’ll have to split the joint to check that.
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back