Titan LP1200 oil tank weeping connection...

Sorry Mr Boilerman... didn't mean to "spoil for a fight". I thought that as the tank may be buggered no harm in taking it apart to see how it is all put together (I have a 1200l and a 1800l linked so if I lose one it wasn't really a big issue).

When I first contacted Titan they must have thought it was a different tank/fitting 'cos there was no big nut inside to tighten as they thought..

Then I came to you guys to see if anybody had experience of these tanks.

One person says "new tank" straight off, another says contact titan and another says the connection is moulded in...

After calling into my local "oil tank man" he says unscrew the fitting and see, so what to do next???

Anyway it transpires it was threaded into a moulded metal (steel?) insert so it unscrewed easily and cleanly.

As I said above, it would have been no great loss if I buggered the tank, but all seems fine after resealing with PTFE tape..

Moral to others here I think is collect the advice offered and decide the best route forward.... I did gladly accept all the advice and verified it and acted on the findings accordingly.

Thanks one and all, problem solved with all your help.

Cheers guys, keep up the good work..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back