temporary hashy repair to tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Just wondered whether there was any known product that could just be painted over cracked tiles and grout to make a temporary repair?

Water is leaking from shower cubicle to below shower tray and looks like a combination of some cracked tiles, failed grouting etc. I reckon the tiles have been on the wall for about 30 years, and I plan to replace them and gut the whole bathroom in about 2-3 months when some cash comes through, but wondered if there was some kind of magic, paste on product out there that would seal the lot up for a couple of months!

Doesn't have to be pretty, I considered just getting some bitumen from the shed and painting this over the offending area!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Plastic sheeting held up with duct tape above the water line would be better.

Simple. I think I have been over complicating this one. Now I feel a bit stupid, my excuse being that it was a midnight post... :)

Trust me, you sometimes just need to chat with someone else, and then you see things clearer.

Sponsored Links
Gave a friend a roll of foil ducting tape to make a temp repair to leaking shower, lasted a year before they got round to fixing it.

Its funny that I didn't even think about duct tape, especially considering the fact that a strip of it that I applied a year ago is still holding together a broken cast iron gutter downpipe on the side of the house!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back