Temporary Security....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a jetski and need to keep it safe when i go to bed, for a few weeks, which would be the simplist way to do this using my alarm panel.

Run wires to a IR sensor, and tuck that under the fitted waterproof cover.....

Run a closed circuit of just two wires, but using a 1k resistor on the ends of the cable, to protect the cable, would that be ok...? would that work....? fitting it so it would break the curcuit...

this is just in case i have visitors in the night....is there a simpler/cheaper way....? thank you...

If i'm talking nonsense, just tell me.......

Sponsored Links
Thanks, it is in my garden, behind a 5 foot well locked wooden gate, at the side of my house, but these newer jet ski's are a lot lighter than the older stuff, the lad i just bought it of reckons two of us could get it lifted off the trailer and quite easily throw it in a van, would any of my suggestions work...?

Sponsored Links
an alarm will tell you it is on it's way out of the garden.

Chain it to a wall or a long length of heavy timber ( old railway sleeper for example ) to prevent the criminals moving it.

Cheapest option is the wire , if it’s temporary

Thanks Sparky, is that with or without resistor...? hide the wire without a resistor or leave on show hoping it will be cut.....?
an alarm will tell you it is on it's way out of the garden.

Chain it to a wall or a long length of heavy timber ( old railway sleeper for example ) to prevent the criminals moving it.

Bernard, todays lightweight trailers are easy to cut/saw through, this one will even dismantle to take a chain off......i have a wheel lock on, and a ball that locks into the ball hook...
but you can still take the wheel off and replace with another and the ball lock, is 12 inches long and you could even swap that over (bolts) if you hade another end....

I'd follow what Bernard has said, fekkin great big chains and expensive lock (no cheap tat).
They will come armed with a battery grinder.

If you can get it inside it would be safer.

24 Hr link through chassis to give alarm notification if link broken and also heavy duty chain and padlock to slow then down while stealing jet ski.
What alarm control panel are you connecting to ?

I have just bought a jetski and need to keep it safe when i go to bed, for a few weeks,

Why are you going to bed for a few weeks? I need to get up for a wee if I'm in bed for longer than 4 hours these days.

It is now sat on the trailer at the side of my house, under it's cover with a sensor tucked under the cover for three weeks and no false alarms.....this will do me....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back