Tenda Access points, any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Anybody had any experience with Tenda products, POE switches, Access points, powerlines?

I'm thinking about trying some of their access points. Would love to know if anybody has any experience with them. Quality etc? Break downs?

Also, what sort of distance in clear view can you get using the 5ghz frequency please?

Sponsored Links
as for how far signal can get that's difficult to say but probably hardly out of the house on 5ghz

I'd say that's a bad sign then haha!

How about ubiquiti?

And for the signal, I mean using the AP as a wireless bridge for IP cameras. From 1 building to another... unsure if using 5ghz settings make much difference but then worry about the distance being far less.

Sponsored Links
maybe but then again is it much cheaper or expensive over other equipment, model numbers and specifications my help gauge.

Ubiquiti access points are good. A bit of a steep learning curve if you are not used to setting up managed network devices.

If you mean the mesh Wi-Fi system then they are rubbish. I bought a set but had to reboot them everyday so got rid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back