Terminal Block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am after some advice if possible. I have just dropped a ceiling in my house and found terminal block which is on the upstairs ring. Before I re-board the ceiling I am wanting this sorted out.

Not long had my CU replaced but this was not found on the PIR.

Can think of 4 options open to me.

1. Board the ceiling and forget about it.
2. Crimp and heatshrink the join.(don't have ratcheting crimpers, just cheap ones I use on my car)
3. Replace the 2 wires with a new wire.
4. Get a electrician round this week.(was hoping to board this afternoon.)

I think option 3 would be the best, I am happy to replace it but I am unsure of weather legally I am able to.

I am in the north of scotland.

Regards

Russell

Sponsored Links
Re-running the cable is indeed the favored option. Legally wise, replacing a single damaged cable is a non notifiable task, ideally a minor works should be issued, but as long as you are carful to make all terminations soundly, the risk of introducing a fault is low

... not notifiable ...
... non notifiable ...

russellellwood

uk.gif

United Kingdom

;)

Sponsored Links
... not notifiable ...
... non notifiable ...

russellellwood

uk.gif

United Kingdom

;)

its easier to just read the first post
I am after some advice if possible. I have just dropped a ceiling in my house and found terminal block which is on the upstairs ring. Before I re-board the ceiling I am wanting this sorted out.

Not long had my CU replaced but this was not found on the PIR.

Can think of 4 options open to me.

1. Board the ceiling and forget about it.
2. Crimp and heatshrink the join.(don't have ratcheting crimpers, just cheap ones I use on my car)
3. Replace the 2 wires with a new wire.
4. Get a electrician round this week.(was hoping to board this afternoon.)

I think option 3 would be the best, I am happy to replace it but I am unsure of weather legally I am able to.

I am in the north of scotland.

Regards

Russell

cable changed without a problem, apologies for taking so long to thank you, got called away with work.

cheers

Russell

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back