TARVO SPOTLIGHT - Terminal Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a set of 4 spotlights that I am trying to fix - TARVO by Ring from B&Q.

My problem is that the L & N terminals on the new spotights are not labelled at all. The earth is clear but there is no labelling on the L & N terminal block? Is this a fault?.

In the ceiling I have:
3 earths into one terminal block,
2 reds linked through a terminal block,
1 red free to connect,
2 blacks together to connect.

In the old spotlights I have removed the 1 red was connected to the L and the 2 blacks to the N. Is this right as the old lights had a tendancy to occasionally flicker.

Sponsored Links
Is there not a third black wire? Don't know Tarvo lights, but if the L and N aren't labelled, prob means it doesn't matter which way round you fit them.

Thanks - No there is no third black wire. The wires I have described come from three cables. Two of which have red, black, earth and one of which has 2 reds and earth.

I thought it might not matter which way round to connect but the instructions supplied do say connect live to live etc.[/code][/quote]

Ok. So do you mean there are three red cables in the terminal block? This would make sense. Apart from that, it looks like you're wiring it up ok and the flickering is not to do with the wiring at that point.

Sponsored Links
No. two of the reds are linked together in a terminal block (separate from the light fitting) and the other red is/was connected to the light fitting.

Your conductor tally does not add up.

You say you have three cpc's.

Are your conductors grouped in cables or are they singles?

Usually, you have either one, two or three twin & earth cables connected to a ceiling lighting point.

You have 3 cpc's, which ususally suggests three T&E cables, in which case you'd have 6 other conductors with them. You have 5 others.

Can you post a piccy?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back