Terminal Boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where to get circular terminal boxes with clip on lids and use grommets as Screwfix only do those 2/3way boxes with 20mm conduit at each outlet?

The ones I want are a tad larger and allow for that extra room to make light wiring/switching with choc blocks much easier.

Unless their is a better method.

Sponsored Links
Are you to say you DON'T want these?

MT20BX4.jpg

What is it you don't want, the conduit?

Perhaps if you explain where you are going to put them, and what you want to do with them?

I am scratching my head trying to figure out why you would want essentially an empty juntion box, without terminals... what is it you need to do that a standard junction box can't?

The one I am on about is very similar and it still has the terminal outlets but without the little conduit sticking out at each terminal. Here I will use grommets as I will not be running conduit to the terminal boxes but just the cable instead.

I will be using them in out buildings for wiring lights+swithes.

Still scratching head? ;)

I may sound fussy but I've used them before and a great job they are especially for the extra room instead maybe because the lids clip on and the room is gained when the screw channel if thats the word is removed.

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with using one of them conduit boxes anyway, saves using grommits, its all smooth plastic so running Twin + Earth cables in them would be no problem

and can't see why you can't use a junction box either

Aren't these tailor made for lighting circuits?

AAJB20.jpg

BG604.jpg

MK1131.jpg

ASJ301.jpg

or these, but they are a lot more expensive because of their IP rating:

LB9025.jpg

MK56506.jpg

LBB9MT.jpg

Your describing a gewiss circular box with stepped grommets.

Lectrician said:
Your describing a gewiss circular box with stepped grommets.

I think your right there.

I stick with junction boxes which should do ok.

I'll get a pic if I can to show the setup that I was after for use of those boxes.

Cheers folk.

Yep use the normal JBs and if you're worried about bugs and spiders nesting then you can seal the entries with low-modulus acetoxy or similar filler.

btw mk junction boxes suck
they provide tiny terminals in paris and if you have used slightly oversized cable by mistake or because thats what you had around you won't get more than one of them in a terminal

unlike msot other brands i've seen which have those really big termainls into which youc an stack almost anything

plugwash said:
btw mk junction boxes suck
they provide tiny terminals in paris and if you have used slightly oversized cable by mistake or because thats what you had around you won't get more than one of them in a terminal

unlike msot other brands i've seen which have those really big termainls into which youc an stack almost anything

All junction boxes suck! :cool:

I took out 12 in one morning, but fair play they were crabtree and were spacious, but then these are 30A 3 Terminal type

DSC25.jpg

L.Spark said:
I took out 12 in one morning, but fair play they were crabtree and were spacious, but then these are 30A 3 Terminal type

DSC25.jpg
You should put them on eBay - some twit will buy them.

haha I know, I am a bit :oops: now, they went in the bin along with a tp+n 300A sw fuse and erm some other stuff, some of which was in half good condition

Thats the boy i was expecting to see. Dont like them personally - a grommet isn't as water tight as i would like, and the lid can pop of easily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back