Termination block/bus bar

Sponsored Links
Here is work so far. The DIN rail idea worked magic, thanks to @Adam_151 and @Lectrician for your posts which helped convince me it was an option. In fact now I've done the job, attempting to do it any other way would have been shabby. It was a joy working with this type of termination rather than struggling to get wires into terminals correctly.

full

Nozzle

There a lot dearer but you can get them glands with oval slot entries for use with T+E cable

Sponsored Links
There a lot dearer but you can get them glands with oval slot entries for use with T+E cable
One can, and they look the same externally, so it's possible that that's what we're looking at? I seem to recall that one can buy just the rubber 'inserts' with oval slots (to put into a standard gland).

Kind Regards, John

One can, and they look the same externally, so it's possible that that's what we're looking at? I seem to recall that one can buy just the rubber 'inserts' with oval slots (to put into a standard gland).

Kind Regards, John
Quite, it was not a critiscm its just many people in the trade, let alone nozzle dont know they exist, so for future projects he may like them for completeness.
It would be nice if you could get the inserts only for the budget 20mm glands, i have yet to see them.

Actually i have seen them, some while ago on a wiska display, but no one actually stocked them, or wiska glands or wiska boxes, yet lately they seem to all have wiska glands, though they are an odd shape and seem thinner and longer than most, so maybe the rubbers are now more widespread.

Wiska claim there glands comply with amendment 3 metal consumer units so i wonder if thats why there in stock more.

As you say may be worth a punt and a bit of snipping they may fit other brands, the oval slots when used do look nicer in my opinion

Last edited:
IIRC I once got a pack of glands, and both the round and oval rubbery inserts were included. Don't recall the make. They were grey.

Did a spot more wiring today, added on the final wireless stat and it would seem there's some stray induced voltages picking up somewhere out in the field causing some the SwL(in) terminals to have 3-5.5Vac on them. Functionally, still operates fine call/not call etc. Does leave the LED indicator glowing dimly for those channels (50%) with this fault. One of the terminals has ~3Vac and that one does not glow - only those about ~4.5Vac.... I've sent off a technical query to the manufacturer - perhaps a large value pull 'down' resistor to neutral is required. Awaiting feedback from their tech people.

Nozzle

Here is work so far. The DIN rail idea worked magic ...
Looks neat - the only nit pick is that I'd have put more earth terminals on so you don't need to double up on wires into terminals. The idea of having link bars (and multiple earth terminals on the rail) is to ensure that you have one terminal for each wire individually.

I recognise what you're saying, though in order to make it compact (and therefore fit in the neon and fuse holder) I needed to use as few terminal blocks as possible. I wanted the fuse holder to be accessible without having to take the cover off. (This terminal block range isn't large enough to have integrated fuses ways anyway).

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back