Termination block/bus bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm wiring a "distribution" box for my UFH controls. 4 Wired room thermostats 1 wireless receiver all need supply and control coming together in one box with glanded cable relief, then using suitable multicore cable (YY or similar) bring all the control and power together in the same cable all the way to the UFH control box. Live, Neutral, Earth and 7 off SwL. (As that's how many solenoids I have available on the manifold rather than how many thermostats).

I'll use something like this to maintain earth integrity
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p62785

I want something like a cross between this and choclate blocks for the Live and Neutrals. Like a Busbar in a CU, but without needing to screw breakers to it. A bar of brass with a load of holes and screws and wrapped in insulating plastic... Protection is dealt with at the UFH control box which is internally fused, both it's own supply and for external connections.

CPC Farnell has plenty to choose from, but nothing exact. Perhaps I'm using th wrong search term - any suggestions please?

Nozzle

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your input though I think using DIN rails and terminal blocks like those might mean the housing is way bigger than it needs to be. Unless there's a minature version of DIN rails??

I think there is no product to do what I'm trying to achieve. Which makes me wonder why that might be..

I'll have to go for something like this
https://cpc.farnell.com/camdenboss/...-fused-no-earth/dp/CN19155?st=fused terminals

And then connect each terminal together on one side with a Brown and Blue cable respectively. It's a bit sloppy though, plus there's no need to have neutral and live fused. If only they did these but each terminatl were electrically connected.

Nozzle

Use din rail terminals. The neutral and earth ones can be linked with bridging kits.

Sponsored Links
The din rail terminals are not particulay big, what side enclosue did you have in mind? I cannot imagine you could make it any smaller with the fused input connector blocks!

Update 15mm x 5mm Din rails.... could well be an option!

Nozzle

https://cpc.farnell.com/entrelec-uk...per-kit/dp/CN12829?CMP=CPC-ebooks-BIGBOOK2015

For the avoidance of doubt - when I use the terminal jumper kit, do the jumpers go in the top/bottom of the terminal block or is there an extra contact in the front? (Orientation written as if the DIN rail is mounted horizontally in the back of a cubicle). In either case, is it the intention that the jumper is then potentially open to contact with live parts - or is there a cover plate than goes over them - i.e are the name/number tags compulsory as they are the insulation.

It works out pretty expensive when it's a couple of quid per terminals

Nozzle

Edit, I think the jumper kit is screwed in from beind before mounting groups of terminals together on the rain then marking separate isolated sections with a plastic terminal partition. I assume there's a small piece of the housing I snap off/cut on the rear that allow separate blocks to be couple electrically using the jumper kit. That would otherwise be in the way.

Last edited:
https://cpc.farnell.com/entrelec-uk...per-kit/dp/CN12829?CMP=CPC-ebooks-BIGBOOK2015

For the avoidance of doubt - when I use the terminal jumper kit, do the jumpers go in the top/bottom of the terminal block or is there an extra contact in the front? (Orientation written as if the DIN rail is mounted horizontally in the back of a cubicle). In either case, is it the intention that the jumper is then potentially open to contact with live parts - or is there a cover plate than goes over them - i.e are the name/number tags compulsory as they are the insulation.

It works out pretty expensive when it's a couple of quid per terminals

Nozzle

Edit, I think the jumper kit is screwed in from beind before mounting groups of terminals together on the rain then marking separate isolated sections with a plastic terminal partition. I assume there's a small piece of the housing I snap off/cut on the rear that allow separate blocks to be couple electrically using the jumper kit. That would otherwise be in the way.
They’re screwed into the front, and remain recessed below the height of the front, so touch proof. No more exposed than terminal blocks. You can see in the pic the threaded hole in the centre.

4B18E1AF-2F64-413D-9017-B158FF70E8D7.jpeg

2D8823DB-D702-4130-931C-F1B3D8383069.jpeg

B394E28F-85EE-49D9-ADC5-B12F2FACA898.jpeg

B79ED32C-E317-485B-A3DE-37F1CB81267D.jpeg

Last edited:
It says ...

I think that I must be missing something - what on earth have these things got to do with a Wagobox?

Kind Regards, John

They appear to have nothing to do with WagoBOX, I agree. Just a way to affix ones Wago Block to a DIN rail.

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back