Pull switch/terminal block/transformer/spotlight frustration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems wiring up four spotlights in my bathroom via a transformer to a terminal block then onto two junction boxes and a pull switch. I have tried two transformers and two terminal blocks as I could not get a live current running from one of the junction boxes to the pull switch. I have now forgotten how I wired up the terminal block in the first place and now have no lights on the first floor of my house!

The transformer input end has a neutral and a live to feed into the terminal block. How do I connect these up the live, earth and neutral wires of the pull switch within the terninal block? Also I have two lives, two earths and two neutrals on the other side of the terminal block from the two juntion boxes and I can't remember how these were connected together on the other side. Am kicking myself that I didn't sketch out how they were to start with when I at least had live current running through the transformer. Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
what cables have you got two core red / blacks? and how many

Hi there
I've got two core red and black from the two junction boxes and blue and brown in and out of the transformer and to the pull switch. Any help?

are the two jb to and from the lighting circuit (i.e. broken into the lighting circuit)

Sponsored Links
Yes, one jb is joined to the circuit from the adjacent bedroom and the other jb leads on to the landing pendant light. I know both need to link up within the terminal block....somehow.

From what I remember I had the two lives in separate terminals side by side, two earths together and the two neutrals together all on one side of the block. I think the rest of the lights worked OK like that. Or should the two lives be in one terminal? I really appreciate your patience!

Ha ha I know I come across as a right plank but keen to learn. Have sketched a map of wiring and am sending it to my father who left me with a dodgy transformer in the first place. Thanks for your advice anyhow!

connect them together lives to lives neutral to neutral earth to earth power up and see what happens, i.e. do all other lights work ok then we can move on to your spot lights/transformer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back