Terrible Condensation

Hi,

I don't know all the science around humidity etc, but I have a large tropical fish tank at home that causes a lot of humidity.

After reading on the fish keeping forums about people with excessive condensation in the home from their fish tanks, the common consensus is that a PIV Unit (Positive Input Ventilation) makes a huge difference. Woody mentioned it before in the thread.

The cost is a few hundred pounds, but sounds like it could be a good move for you.

Best of luck
Andy

Sponsored Links
The lounge window is as bad as all the upstairs windows yet the kitchen/dining room and utility are fine.
I assume the lounge window is on the opposite side of kitchen/dining room and utility?
I also assume you live in rural area?
What you have is normal, don't waste money. There is only one way is to have heating on 24hrs which is expensive not economical.
Wipe condensation every morning, leave windows open for no more than 15-30 mins if you can, try to keep bedroom doors open during the day.

I assume the lounge window is on the opposite side of kitchen/dining room and utility?
I also assume you live in rural area?
What you have is normal, don't waste money. There is only one way is to have heating on 24hrs which is expensive not economical.
Wipe condensation every morning, leave windows open for no more than 15-30 mins if you can, try to keep bedroom doors open during the day.
yes we do like in the countryside. My blinds are going mouldy

Sponsored Links
That image to me looks like a cold bridge/damp wick - whereby a small portion of the outside masonry is visible beyond the DPC break (older propery jamb detail) after the window was positioned and fixed.

This is often an issue with window fitters preferring not to shove the window far enough back into the room. Rather, they position the window (wrongly) so that it is easir for them to fix but leave a small amount of external masonry visible beyond the edge of the window jamb.

A small amount of the external lintel is visible here along with condensation dripping off the external lintel.
I took this photo to show the window fitting boss.
When they didn’t have the right cill on the van:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back