Terrible planning experience Lewisham Council

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today I received my decision notice from Lewisham planning department unfortunately I've been refused a Certificate of Lawful Development for a loft conversion as the sky light on the flat roof was protruding beyond the highest point of the original pitched roof (~10cm). This wasn't really something we had specifically wanted in fact we wanted a flat skylight instead of a crappy plastic dome but was nevertheless in the plans. My annoyance is not really because of the decision (which was correct according to PD rules) but the fact that we were not given the opportunity by the planning officer to change this tiny detail we didn't even care about. It took the architect 5 minutes to amend the diagram, instead we waited the full 8-weeks without a dicky-bird from the planning department then (4 days late) we got the refusal. We could have resolved this minor issue early in the process, I can't understand why this was left the last day of the 8 weeks. Is this normal?

Also does anyone know what I can do now? Wait another 8-weeks for them to OK this pathetic change? Can I complain with any hope of getting it decided sooner?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Err the owness is on the agent to be proactive and discuss any application as it progresses, any agent who sits on his ass and waits for a decision to plop through the door wants hanging. And any 'designer' who draws a dome window on a loft conversion in the first place wants to be drawn and quartered beforehand.

As the homeowner I did try to contact the case officer on 5 occasions because the drawings were not available on the planning portal and the status of my application was 'registered' for weeks which the guy who answered my call said isn't normal. But she (the case officer) would not respond to emails or return my calls. I agree my agent should have done more but still they could have let him know of this issue. Will I have to wait the 8 weeks for another decision do you think?

Sponsored Links
A LDC application does not allow for discussion and changes like a proper planning application.

The applicant presents something and basically asks "Is this lawful". The council assess all the information that is presented, and then say "Yes" or "No". It's that simple.

But surely the decision maker could make a phone call and say 'I've noticed this can you change it'.

My agent was a bell end, he withdrew ours at the last minute because he designed the dormer too big. Twice.

No. That's not the way LDC's work.

But it would be so much easier if they did. The dip **** that failed to get me an LDC for my dormer was supposed to be a professional and despite me telling him about the 50mtr rule he still ****ed it up.

There are too many idiots in this line of work, designing and deciding.

IMG_7911.PNG

This is the professional who said I 'needed' the LDC, then draws the dormer at 55m3, withdraws the application to save getting it rejected then tells me I don't need it anyway.

Excuse me, I've been on the Bacardi, but the same guy ****ed up, asked for £300 to correct his **** up, then told me he 'isn't running a charity' when I tell him I shouldn't be paying for his mistakes.

And there is nowt I can do about it.

But it would be so much easier if they did. The dip **** that failed to get me an LDC for my dormer was supposed to be a professional and despite me telling him about the 50mtr rule he still ****ed it up.

There are too many idiots in this line of work, designing and deciding.

View attachment 140587

This is the professional who said I 'needed' the LDC, then draws the dormer at 55m3, withdraws the application to save getting it rejected then tells me I don't need it anyway.

Excuse me, I've been on the Bacardi, but the same guy ****ed up, asked for £300 to correct his **** up, then told me he 'isn't running a charity' when I tell him I shouldn't be paying for his mistakes.

And there is nowt I can do about it.
When you are sober, start your own thread in the Hugs and Sympathy forum. I'll start you off with a :love:

Err the owness is on the agent to be proactive and discuss any application as it progresses, any agent who sits on his ass and waits for a decision to plop through the door wants hanging. And any 'designer' who draws a dome window on a loft conversion in the first place wants to be drawn and quartered beforehand.
As a matter of interest, what punishment would you mete out if they said something was PD and it transpired it wasn't?:LOL:

I disagree with FMT's mamby-pamby liberal views on punishment. Penalties should be a deterrence and not pleasurable. No wonder the UK is in such a mess. SMH.

Why would you need a certificate to do something under PD? It goes against CG's rule no 1: never ask a question if you think you might not like the answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back