Tesla 7" dual safety thermostats failing

Sponsored Links
Yes - well, the modern equiv of E7 anyway. It's a five terminal smartmeter now (which replaced one of those old radio control Economy 7 switches).
There is second immersion heater and circuit which I referred to as boost which is wired off the nomal supply via a switch in the kitchen. That hardly ever needs using so I haven't seen the same problem on the stat for that.

The cylinder is either the 117L or 140L (can't recall which) bought from these guys https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/economy-7-copper-vented-cylinders-397-0000

Not so big that it would cause problems I wouldn't have thought.
That looks as if it possibly could have a dual element top mounted Immersion, if so, these have one stat switching the common neutral, like shown below, except that this has a separate hi limit stat in series with the control stat. In your set up, the "bath" would be the Economy 7 and the "sink" the boost.

Attachments

• Immersion Latest Dual.jpg
    Immersion Latest Dual.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Immersion Wiring Schematic.jpg
    Immersion Wiring Schematic.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 20
That looks as if it possibly could have a dual element top mounted Immersion, if so, these have one stat switching the common neutral, like shown below, except that this has a separate hi limit stat in series with the control stat. In your set up, the "bath" would be the Economy 7 and the "sink" the boost.

Well no. The Eco7 & Full time tariffs CAN'T share a common neutral - since they are fed from different consume units. (I agree that they share a common neutral in the sense that there is only one supply into the building BUT after that is split to the two consumer units, E7 & normal rate, you CAN'T recombine them again).

Sponsored Links
Two holes in the tank, two immersion heaters, each wired off their own consumer unit and operating independently of each other - as per @AdrianUK description. Thanks.

Maybe worth trying a different manufacturer's stat, I have replaced a few relation's stats which seem to last up to 7 or 8 years. I have a 52 year old Santon dual element (3 wire) with the c/o switch on top of the immersion!! but only use the "sink" element, still working perfectly.

Attachments

• Santon Immersion Nov 1972.jpg
    Santon Immersion Nov 1972.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 18

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back