Testing domestic batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to constantly using a vast amount of batteries (AAA/AA/9V etc) in all sorts of domestic equipment I thought it would be worth checking to see if any power was left in them before I thow them away when my camera/smoke alarm etc tells me to replace battery (and therefore maybe use them in a less demanding piece of equipment). I have a TP-5SN TMK Tester which was my fathers and I have no idea what the settings are for, on a clock face dial there is an AC/DC choice of 0.5/5/50/250/500/1000, a choice of RX1/10/100/1000, or 50?A/5mA/50mA/500mA and a small turning knob. The graduated dial with needle looks as if the information would be better than modern battery testers I have seen advertised (if only I knew how to use it !) So my question is can I use it and what settings should i choose ? If you have got this far without moving on thanks for your patience. :confused:

Sponsored Links
If I have used non-rechargeable batteries in my camera, then once they are too low for the camera to work, I put them in my torch, and they last for ages.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back