Tex-Cote exterior paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any knowledge of Tex-Cote exterior protection or Mosaic ERP Systems, who flog the stuff? I've had the company calling and offering to put this on my house and they have continually dropped the price every time I've said No - always a bad sign! I haven't found much by Googling and need to give them an answer tonight. I would appreciate any experiences, good or bad. Many thanks, Stoney :)

Sponsored Links
This is the bit I don't like.

stone10 said:
I've had the company calling and offering to put this on my house and they have continually dropped the price every time
If they are busy, they would've given you the correct price if they are that good.

I haven't seen or read their products but it's very important for the building to breathe.

Can I ask you how much was the quote?

The paint these companies use really isnt anything special at all.most of it is pliolite resin, which is/was made by dunlop or goodyear.

All the major paint companies make a similar product.

And the guarentee is only as good as the surface the paint is applied to.

A mate of mine was quoted 1.800 for the front of his house.....it would have taken me a day to paint it with ordinary masonry paint...WHICH HAS A 15 YEAR GUARENTEE.

I would avoid it and these companies like the plague.......there are a few reputable ones out there im sure..but it a 'moody' business and lots of companies come and go changing their names along the way

They may offer a guarentee....but what happens if they go bust????

Id get a few prices from real decorators...not people who just spray things.

I have recently completed an outsdie job.three sides of unpainted rough cast.....no gutters, windows or doors...just walls and trims around the windows...

It came to around 1,400 quid...which was a fair price for me and the customer....even at the top end id say no more than 2,500

For me it was a bloody hard pound note....but I was second cheapest out of three other quotes....but after doing it I felt i could have carged a little more

In many cases the materials cost more than the labour when painting roughcast/spa dashing for the first time.

My cost were roughly split 950k labour 450 materials that was using Cown stronghold, which is one of the best masonry paints ive used...and certainly better than dulux.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back