Texacom premier 24, how can I get it to email me?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a Premier 24 installed, and as well as a text/speech dialler I would like it to email me as well if an alarm occured, any ideas how I could do this?

I havnt splashed out on a digi as yet so any suggestions would be great!

cheers

dean:cool:

Sponsored Links
im fairly new on here, just intrested why anyone would want an alarm to email them :eek: I also thought the idea of an alarm was first to be a deterant, and if they did break in, the noise and attention would get them to leave. Whats with them emailing you?

Well you are very narrow minded if thats the case!

I work away from home for 50% of the year, and I cannot take a mobile with me, but I have an email account open in front of me all day.

An alarm is a good deterent, but it didnt stop a ****ed guy trying to kick my front door off its hinges a few night ago as he thought it was his house.

There is no point in having an alarm going off during the day as nobody is at home and passers by wont really notice, so in that respect I would feel better if I was notified whilst at work. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
im fairly new on here, just intrested why anyone would want an alarm to email them :eek: I also thought the idea of an alarm was first to be a deterant, and if they did break in, the noise and attention would get them to leave. Whats with them emailing you?

it`ll still be sounding locally, it can be configered to send several messages - alarm, panic , power fail ( sorts out the other " freezer " type thread), kids home ( or not ) from school or flooding to name a few

plus it`ll impress the rest of the geeks in the office

Well you are very narrow minded if thats the case!

er.... no, it is YOU that are "narrow minded"

some one breaks in (i dont wish that against you, but some one does atempt to gain entry)

you get an email, you are in a meeting, no email for you untill later

You are at work and you DO get an email (which is what you want) what are you going to do about it?

YOU can only worry, fret , panic, Drive fast to get home, have an accident because you are speeding ( to get home)

Get a speeding ticket (see above)

The whole idea of an alarm going off is to scare off the intruder (the person who has broken in, or is trying to break in, he / she doesnt know if your alarm is calling the police do they?

YOU can only worry, fret , panic, Drive fast to get home, have an accident because you are speeding ( to get home)

That is a recognised statistic blip in accident records.

The whole idea of an alarm going off is to scare off the intruder (the person who has broken in, or is trying to break in, he / she doesnt know if your alarm is calling the police do they?

If you can deceive the criminal into believing police or other security are on route they may leave before stealing / damaging too much.

[, he / she doesnt know if your alarm is calling the police do they?

you really think that is a contention for a graded 2 or lower burglar.

your making out an added feature is in some way degrading the system - O/P was right you are narrow minded

saxondale you are entitled to your opinion, i am entitled to mine, but tell me, suppose it does email, of what use is it?

saxondale you are entitled to your opinion, i am entitled to mine, but tell me, suppose it does email, of what use is it?

the O/P has already said he isn`t contactable by phone, however lets suppose his power goes off ( er that`ll be the marine fish dead then) or his aged mother staying for the week has a fall and presses the panic button (better than nothing) or his kid`s have been having problems with catching the school bus ..................... it`s information, we live in the information age and it isn`t going to go away if you just carry on to ignore it

fair point. but neither are of any use.

suppose his old mum is staying and (heaven forbid) she falls, how is she going to push a pa?

There is as you may (or not) know a system for this, the person wears a pendant pa which then calls a call centre, the phone has hands free operation enabling the persons to talk from where ever they are. i.e stuck on the floor after a fall

Dad (the op) gets an email about the school bus, how is the alarm going to email that then? be easier for the kids to switch pc on then email dad, (or phone mum) better still phone the school

I see what you are getting at, but for an alarm its pointless

Breezer - you could just say that you don't know the answer.

I don't think the speech/text dialler I have will send an email direct but there may be others which do & I seem to remember that some phone messaging can be configured to send an email.

I never said i did know the answer, nor did i claim to know it, i do know it can send txt messages though, but i should think the OP does also, since he pointed out he has no access to a mobile phone.
But my comments still stand regarding what is the point of having it notify you.

fair point. but neither are of any use.

suppose his old mum is staying and (heaven forbid) she falls, how is she going to push a pa?

pathetic

There is as you may (or not) know a system for this, the person wears a pendant pa which then calls a call centre, the phone has hands free operation enabling the persons to talk from where ever they are. i.e stuck on the floor after a fall

lets all go out and get one for visiting relatives

Dad (the op) gets an email about the school bus, how is the alarm going to email that then? be easier for the kids to switch pc on then email dad, (or phone mum) better still phone the school

you never consider beyond your predicided viewpoint - how about if he doesnt get a tagged open signal by a certain time he knows the kids didnt make it home

I see what you are getting at, but for an alarm its pointless

you so obviously don`t see what anyone is getting at, alarms today are so much more than a sounder - mine controls the ambient heating level in my house ( if im out it drops, if i get back it boosts ) for example, non of it is life critical but that doesn`t make it no use

O/P I don`t know how you would do it ( not really a panel I would ever use ) but persevere it`s a good idea you`ve had

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back