Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I bought a alarm 'kit' a while ago which includes the following:

Texecom 24 panel
Prestige Compact IR PIR's
Texecom Premier LCD-P RPK with prox tags
Texecom Com 2400

I have finally come to fit the kit and am slightly confused with how the wiring goes. I have read the sticky on this site and have even looked on other sites and tried google/youtube to no avail.

Basically, I am going to set it up as EOL. My panel has the aux and tamper strapped/shorted already and luckily my PIR's have jumpers for EOL which I have set up (2K2 for tamper & 4K7 for alarm).

I have run 6core cable to the locations where I will have my PIR's and Panic buttons.

The question I could do with answering is what connectors do i use on the PIRs? I'm preusming the tamper is auto detected through the resistance detected in the panel?

They have 2x connectors for 'tamper', 0V, 12V and 2x for 'alarm'. Do I use 2x for the power and 2x for the 'alarm'?

I think the thing thats confusing me is that the resistors are built into these sensors via the jumper settings.

On the control box, it has Z1-Z8 each with a pair of connectors, I presume I just connect each PIR to it's own zone?

Thanks in advance, I just want it all clear before proceeding as I dont want to break anything.

Sponsored Links
hi thats correct check the wiring diagram provided with the pirs you wire two connections only one on the alarm pair one on the tamper pair as long as the jumpers are set correct. the remaining spare zones can be linked out with the spare 2k2 resistors dont forget you need to wire the panic buttons with the resistors unless they are graded with inbuilt jumpers. you can wire the panic buttons 2 wire only but you will have to program the zone as normally closed via the keypad or via a laptop. hope this helps mark

Fit the alarm pair to the tamper and alarm terminals either side of the power terminals.
There is a diagramwith the compacts.
And yes each detector to one zone.

Wow, thanks for the quick replies :)
Hope you have had a good bank holiday.

I'll look at this again tomorrow hopefully all will be clearer then, maybe I was looking too hard and the saying 'woods for the trees' applies :)
So a pair for power and a pair for the PIR it is then.

I'll be using a total of 8x inputs (luckily) 6x PIRs and 2x panic buttons so panel will be full when I'm done - I wasn't aware though that any spares had to have a resistor across them so I'll jot that down :)

The panics dont have in built resistors.
The connections on the panics are 2x anti tamper, +VE, -VE, SP, then relay NC, NO, CO.

When I'm in front of it I'm sure it will all fall into place.

Finally, with this com 2400 I presume it should come with a 'header' to connect it to my panel? Mine hasn't or am I missing something, it mentions plugging straight onto a Texecom 48 in manual but no mention of the 24 from what I can see.

Thanks again Mark and Alarm :)

Sponsored Links
The comms unit plugs on direct.
Connect with no power present.

hi your comms module needs the jumper lead to send text messages the 48 and 88 dont need the jumper but i think the 24 still needs it as far as i know up to version 8x check the paper work that came with the comms module.

Just an update on this for anyone else reading with similar issues - The Com unit does plug straight onto the main Control box.
It plugs into the connector on the right labelled 'UK'.

Being a computer geek, originally I thought that the connector was actually a IC 'Bios type chip'. The 'UK' label on it just compounded my presumption making me think it had the dialling info for the UK.

Felt a plonker when I found this out but to be fair the manual does (wrongly) state that it needs a header cable for the 24 for it to plug on.
Must have needed the header for the older versions of this panel perhaps.

Thanks again guys - Alarm - You were spot on as usual.

One last question please if I may......

As stated, I'm using EOL wiring.

I have filled up 7x zones with PIR's and wanted to use Zone 8 for the panic button. The problem being, I have 2x of them. Can I just connect both to the one zone bearing in mind the rest is EOL?

Also would I then have to use the resistors for the panics still of would the values throw them off as they would in effect be in series (or is that parallel). Hopefully you get my drift. :)

Finally the remote keypad, and strobe box dont need resistors do they (presume not).

Thanks again in advance all. Sorry for the basic Q's!

hi 2 options you can slave one to the keypad if you have used a six or eight core cable and map one of these zones to 9 or you can even make zone 8 normally closed from the drop down menu on zone 8 and use the global tamper. no resistors needed for rkp or bell.

Cheers Sparkymarka

As the keypad is by the front door and I have already wired all the cabling into the control box and plastered over it I think the best option for me would be the normally closed option.

So 2x panics to Z8, no resistors for panics and wired 1 wire to 'SP' and other to 'NC' on panic.

Set to normally closed in the keypad options.

Jobs a good 'un hopefully.

I must say everyone is very helpful on here, this forum is definately a 'keeper'.
I've read other forums (when doing searches before I post on here) and some of the other boards are nigh on hostile to people posting q's similar to mine.

Keep up the good work peeps. Hopefully I'll become a decent contributor over time.

no need to chase in new cable if theres a six core at keypad wire the 2 spare wires into the zone and join the wires from the panic button to the spare two in the panel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back